Muslim women have a strong history of successful leadership in a variety of professions in the public and private sphere. In light of this tradition, this directory offers Muslim women around the world an opportunity to search through a listing of jobs, internships and fellowship opportunities from around the world. The directory also connects employers with a diverse pool of potential hires. WISE does not evaluate the merits of any position listed in the directory. Please use personal discretion. Any and all language in job postings does not necessarily represent the ideas or values of WISE.
- By Region
- Central America/South America
- Middle East/North Africa
- North America
- Southeast Asia/Pacific/Australia
Employer: The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Closing Date For Applications:
Salary Information: Unknown
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing pediatric HIV infection and eliminating pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention, care, and treatment programs. Founded in 1988, the organization works in 17 countries around the world.
The Foundation’s Mozambique office works closely with the Ministry of Health in Mozambique to support PMTCT and Care and Treatment programs in four provinces ( Maputo , Gaza, Nampula and Cabo Delgado provinces). The Foundation’s approach is to support the Ministry of Health in increasing access to family focused PMTCT and Care and Treatment programs. In line with the Foundation’s mission, the program wants to ensure inclusion of children and ensure their access to quality prevention, care and treatment services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Related to functions in Maputo and Gaza Province
- Coordinate with Pediatric TA planning, implementation and evaluation of pediatric component of EGPAF program in south of Mozambique
- Develop capacity within EGPAF provincial technical team in pediatric care and treatment (follow up of exposed and infected children, including linkages/ integration of the services).
- Work closely with the provincial team on implementation of the national pediatric care and treatment norms
- Support provincial mentors in implementation of MOH pediatric mentoring program ( master mentor) and coordinate with DPS, ITECH and others partners in the province involved in the mentoring program
- Support the provincial team in implementation and monitoring of PRN ( national nutritional program) and coordinate related activities with DPS and Save the children
- Support provincial team in developing strong linkages between PMTCT and C&T program in order to expand and improve early infant diagnosis and treatment
- Coordinate all pediatric activities ( trainings and supervisions) on the provincial level with the provincial teams, DPS and other partners
- Coordinate with DPS and provincial team the implementation of Pediatric Quality Improvement program ( including HIVQUAL)
- Coordinate with Pediatric PSS officer and provincial team all pediatric PSS activities and support their implementation
- Pediatric Medical Doctor with at least 3 years of experience working in HIV/AIDS programs and international health.
- Masters in Public Health or other relevant master degree is an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Portuguese language fluency and Mozambique experience
- Extensive clinical experience and excellent knowledge of comprehensive pediatric and adult care and treatment of HIV infected children and adults in resource poor settings;
- Excellent understanding of current clinical issues and literature on pediatric (and adult) HIV/AIDS treatment
- Experience in training, clinical mentoring programs and supervision;
- Understanding of the Mozambique Ministry of Health, including the policy and management structures at national and provincial level.
- Skills and knowledge in program management including institutional capacity building and systems development;
- Skills and knowledge in use of quality of care assessment and assurance tools;
- Strong ability to work in team
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills. Portuguese language skills a must
- Energetic, independent, self-motivated. Ability to relate and work well cross-culturally.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Apply online here. Deadline: May 24, 2011