Human Health Aid (HHA) in Burundi is a charitable faith based organization working to promote health, peace and development. HHA takes care of HIV/AIDS affected persons, war victims, refugees, victims of disasters. HHA provides medical assistance and aid to vulnerable people such as orphans, widows, HIV positive persons and provides them with free treatment within development projects. HHA is also involved in training medical workers and students. HHA undertakes its programme in line with the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
The mission of HHA:
1. To make a meaningful and positive contribution to the fight against spread of HIV/AIDS.
2. To contribute in accomplishment of UN Millennium’s Goals and creating a free epidemic diseases world.
3. To contribute in protection of environment as source of health & development.
4. Provide treatment and therapy and protect people living with HIV/AIDS against stigma and discrimination.
5. To reduce increasing of HIV/AIDS infections by implanting preventative measures that includes comprehensive life skills.
6. Educate the youth faith based community about the awareness and make them informed morally motivated choice for their hopeful future.
7. To effort to render moral; spiritual and emotional care and support to those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS through therapeutic intervention and home based care.
8. To endeavor to implant our strategy in partnership with all stakeholders within government, business sector and other organizations involved in HIV/AIDS programmes.
9. To mobilize, empower and develop communities by creating awareness and encouraging positive change in attitudes towards HIV/AIDS.